Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Diane Sawyer on RNC and DNC

Jillian Bloemer
jb351009@ohio.edu
@jillianbloemer


While looking for reporters on Facebook, I found it hard to find any pages with recent activity related to the 2012 Election. One of the first I came across with relevant activity, was Diane Sawyer. I found her page to be very informational, without being cluttered. I also thought it had a good representation of both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions.

World News with Diane Sawyer

On her page, she posted quotes and chunks of bigger stories from the ABC World News website. I found it effective that she posted links to the larger stories. In doing so, it made it extremely easy to find out more information on both party's conventions.


One other aspect of her Facebook that I found appealing, were the pictures of speakers from the conventions. On her pictures of First Lady, Michelle Obama and Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney, she overlaid text of an important quote from each of their speeches. I think this is a creative way to draw the reader's attention. By having those quotes, it makes you want to read more context and background on the speeches themselves.

No comments: