Monday, October 20, 2008

FoxNews.com: All Obama?

by Alex Mazer
am158905@ohio.edu


I was looking at the Foxnews.com site when I came across an article that was about the democratic vice presidential candidate. The title of the piece was Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration. In this article, Biden is depicted as being a little apprehensive of Obama being elected.

The article starts off with Biden saying that if or when elected, within the first six months of his presidency, Obama will be "tested" with an international crisis. To me, I think this statement was a bad idea on Biden's part. In my opinion it shows a lack of confidence in the candidate.


A lot of the articles on the site recently have been highlighting more of the negatives on both campaigns. I don't like to hear about all the bad things going on in the campaigns. Personally, I would much rather hear about the issues and campaign updates.

One of the problems I found with the Fox election website is the fact that all of the headlines have Obama's name in them. There is no diversity with the stories. It almost looks like Fox is a cheerleader for Obama right now. So where are the stories about McCain? Is Fox avoiding the Republican party?



Fox has almost gone to the other extreme and is now over-covering the Democratic race. Maybe they are trying to protect McCain and Palin from further scrutiny.

No comments: